One of the top attractive Islands in Thailand that we will recommend today is "Koh Kood", another island that is easy to Travel from Bangkok. Besides its clear water and fine white sand, this island is famous for its peacefulness which is now known as "Andaman of the East sea". The villager’s simple way of life can also be experienced and all of the mentioned factors will make you go for the second Trip inevitably.
Koh Kood is the last Island on the eastern coast of Thailand considered as another district of Trat. It will be Cambodia’s territorial waters if you go further. It is the 4th largest Island in Thailand with 25 kilometres long and 12 kilometres wide. It consists of 24 large and small islands divided into 3 groups which are
Koh Kood Islands - consisting of 3 islands which are Koh Kood, Koh Rad, and Koh Mai Chee
Koh Rung Islands - consisting of 12 islands which are Koh Rang Yai, Koh Rang Lek, Koh Toon, Koh Kra, Koh Tien, Koh Thong Lang, Koh Mapring, Koh Yak, Koh Kampan, Koh Yai, Koh Klang and Koh Lek.
Koh Kood is another Island in Thailand that is still completely natural. In addition, there is a rich mangrove forest and various coral reefs. Many waterfalls are located on the island, especially Klong Chao waterfall which flows all year impresses many people.
The best time for sea scenery is from 10.00 - 13.00 hrs.
- Visiting the mangrove forest
- Diving to nearby Islands
- Sightseeing at Klong Chao waterfall (Koh Kood)
- Khao Battleship (Koh Kood)
- Reuan Luang Phrom Phakdi (Koh Mak)
- Cycling around Koh Mak
- Experiencing art and Culture at Koh Mak Temple.
- By car, it takes about 4-6 hours.
- By bus, it takes about 5-6 hours from Mo Chit and Ekkamai bus station. It will take approximately 5-6 hours from Bangkok to Trat bus station.
- By plane, it takes about 50 minutes. Bangkok Airways Public Co., Ltd. has daily flights between Bangkok-Trat-Bangkok. (Located in Khao Saming District)
From Trat to Koh Kood
Laem Sok Pier - Koh Kood, approximately 1.30 hours