Trip Planner
Trip planner

3Days 2Nights : Phichit - Phitsanulok

Planner :
Phichit 1 Day , Phitsanulok 2 Day
Period :
3 Days 2 Nights
Category :
Events & festivals, Nature, beaches & islands, New experiences,adventure & off-the-beaten-track, Business, meeting or investment, Wedding, honeymoon or anniversary,
  • Day 1
    Mar 23
  • Day 2
    Mar 24
  • Day 3
    Mar 25
Day 1 : Phichit

Khachon Farm

Khachon Farm (ostrich farm) is located in house number 121, village number 2, Wang Ngiu Sub-district, approximately 57 kilometers from the city center of Phichit Province. The tourists can take the route toward Taphan Hin District. When arriving at Ban Khao Sai, the tourists have to turn right to the highway number 11 for 12 kilometers until reaching Bang Mun Nak- Nakhon Sawan junction. After that, turn right and go along the same route to Gypsum mine for around 10 kilometers. At Ban khok sanan- Ban Taling Chan junction, there will be a road sign of the ostrich farm. From there, turn right for 7 kilometers. Then, turn left for another 3 kilometers and the tourists will arrive at Khachon Farm. This place is a perfect place for both tourists and ordinary people, especially families that wish to see rare animals; however, the farm’s real distinctive point is ostriches. There are around 1,000 ostriches in this farm; therefore, it is ranked at the very top place of Thailand’s largest ostrich farms. The farm imports ostriches from South Africa. The ostrich’s meat can be cooked in different ways, while the skins can be used to make belts and bags, and the hairs for accessories. Besides, its fat can be made into cosmetics; whereas, its bones can be made into beads. In addition, there are a lot of other animals around the farm for the tourists to see more, such as crocodiles in the pond, peacocks, deer, and wild boar. The farm provides the tourists shady areas from trees so that the tourists can relax and smell fresh air. There is also a restaurant for the tourists in the farm. Its special dishes are ostrich meat cooked in different styles and wine called Chateau De Chalawan. The accommodation, which is situated near the vineyard and Chalawan winery, costs from 2,300 to 7,750 baht. Moreover, the farm provides camping site and some activities for the tourists, such as horse carriages, trolleys, mountain bicycles, watercycles, and tower jump. Khachon Farm opens daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please Contact 0 5660 1004-5 or 0 5660 1006 (fax) or 0 2673 1153-4, 08 1657 4345. 

Read more

Detail

Wat Khao Roob Chang

On the hilltop near this temple is an old, Ayutthaya-style Chedi (or stupa) built of bricks, though its tip has crumbled. White rocks, remnants of a shrine hall, resemble the shape of an elephant (in Thai “Chang”), lending the temple its name. The murals within the interior of the temple’s Mondop, or square pavilion, have largely faded away. The temple also enshrines the statue of a walking Buddha and replicas of the Buddha’s footprints. Wat Khao Rup Chang is located along the Phichit-TaphanHin road some 15 kilometers from town. It is open daily from 6.00 am-5.00 pm.

Read more

Detail

17 Hr. 35 Min. ( Approx. 1322.44 Km.)

Chalerm Prakiat Aquarium

Chalerm Prakiat Aquarium was constructed by Department of Fisheries on occasion of his Majesty the King’s 60th Birthday on December 5th 1987. It is under the supervision of Inland Fishery Research & Development Center of Phichit province. The aquarium was built to celebrate the king’s honor, as well as to be a relaxation space for citizens. They are aimed to see, and learn here until they realize how important to preserve aquatic animals and natural resource to later generations. Chalerm Prakiat Aquarium was designed to be a nine-point star shaped building, stretching into Beung Si Fai swamp. The inside is composed of 12 built-in tanks in 0.5 cubic meter size displaying more than 20 types of fishes, which are often switched to exhibit a variety of fish species. Moreover, the middle of the building was designed to have an open window to look through glass and watch fishes in Beung Si Fai as well. We can see various fishes gathering in big schools, waiting for visitors to feed them.  Those who are interested to visit Chalerm Prakiat Aquarium can go there every day. On Monday-Friday, it is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. On Sunday, it is open from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. For further information, please contact Inland Fishery Research & Development Center of Phichit province, Beung Si Fai road, Tambon Nai-Muang, Amphoe Muang, Phichit, 66000 or contact number 056-611-309 or 056-650-960.TransportationTo travel to Chalerm Prakiat Aquarium by personal vehicles, the site is located in Beung Si Fai, Amphoe Muang, Phichit, which is 1 kilometer away from the town hall. 

Read more

Detail

17 Hr. 40 Min. ( Approx. 1322.17 Km.)

Bueng Si Fai

Bueng Si Fai is a large freshwater lake and swamp to the south of town. It is also a freshwater fish-breeding facility owned by the Fishery Department. Along the banks is a beautifully landscaped park suitable for rest and recreation. On the other side of the park is an aquarium exhibiting a variety of species of native fish as well as local fishing equipment. A striking building stands in front of the lake, constructed in the shape of a gigantic alligator.Inside is also the Chaloem Prakiat Aquarium, which is open on weekdays from 9.00 am-6.00 pm and weekends from 9.00 am-7.00 pm. (For more information on the aquarium, call 0 5661 1309.) There is also a water lily park south of Bueng Si Fai. The park features three water lily exhibition buildings, and is also the home of a variety of water lily species such as the Red Indian Water Lily. Bueng Si Fai is located 1 kilometer west of Phichit Market. It is open daily from 6.00 am-7.00 pm. 

Read more

Detail

18 Hr. 54 Min. ( Approx. 1276.40 Km.)

Wat Tha Chang

WatTha Chang is an important and very interesting temple located in NoenMakok Sub District, two kilometer from the district centre. The temple houses an ancient and respectable image of Buddha carved by sandstone. The temple is easy to notice as there are two elephant statues in front of the entrance.  WatTha Chang was likely built in 1872, during the early period of King Rama V’s reign. The temple was formerly called “WatThepKunchonTidthaVararam”.  As told by elders, there was a huntsman named “Dharmaya” living in MuangBhumi, which is currently Nong Tao Village in Bang Moon Nak District, Phichit Province. Allegedly, he was a friend of the king, so he reported him when he found a good white elephant with short, upright ivories and sweet-smelling dropping. The king then send an officer to accompany the huntsman to capture the elephant, which was later named “PhorPlaiNimit”. The great animal was brought to the bank of River Nan, where WatTha Chang is currently located. There, people built a raft to carry the elephant to Krung Sri Ayutthaya. The place was therefore called “Tha Chang (Elephant Pier)”and the temple was named “WatTha Chang”. Later, Mae Pang Kwan Jai, PhorPlaiNimit’s mate, went places in search for the missing partner, but found only his footprintsthat repeat themselves because PhorPlaiNimit did not want her and their child to find him. Mae Pang Kwan Jai followed the traces toWatTha Chang on the bank of River Nan. Not seeing her partner, she grieved and died of sorrow on that riverbank. PhorPlaiNoi, who was their child, did not find his parents, so he went after his mother and arrived at the riverbank. When he found none of them, he similarly died of sadness at the same spot. At present, the statues of PhorPlaiNimit, Mae Pang Kwan Jai and PhorPlaiNoi can be seen in front of the ubosot. Even though they are elephant statues, the family members are believed to possess incredible miracles. On certain days, people will see the three elephants walking in the middle of Bang Moon Nak-Chum Sang Road. Also, if anyone pray to the statues but fail to fulfill the promise once his or her wish is granted, PhorPlaiNimit, Mae Pang Kwan Jai and PhorPlaiNoi will come, or even travel overseas, to ask for their reward. This story is often told up until now, and people still offer bananas or sugarcane to the three elephants on a regular basis.      WatTha Chang has become an important temple to the lives of Phichit People thanks to the legend of PhorPlaiNimit. Tourists are welcome to visit this legendary attraction and enjoy beautiful sights around the temple area.  

Read more

Detail

18 Hr. 52 Min. ( Approx. 1276.91 Km.)

Chao Mae Thap Thim Shrine

Chao Mae Thap Thim Shrine (or Thap Thim Goddess at Ta Lor pier) is located in the east side of Nan riverbank, with its back attached to northern route railway: Chiang Mai – Bangkok. Inside enshrined a statue of Chao Mae Thap Thim (Tui-Buay-Teng-Neng) as a principle holy image. Also, the statue of Chao Pho Kuan-U (the Chinese God of Loyalty) is enshrined on the right, and Chao Pho Poon-Thao-Kong, and Chao Pho Poon-Thao-Ma are situated on the left. According to the legend and the remaining evidences, Chao Mae Thap Thim and Chao Pho Kuan-U were invited from Koh Hai Lam island, and Kwang Tung province, China in 1867. In that time, the owner of the dockyard who did business in Ta Lor village had brought the statue of Chao Mae Thap Thim from China. He then donated 2 rafts full of teak logs to build an enormous shrine for Chao Mae Thap Thim, and Chao Pho Kuan-U for people from near and far to visit and worship. Moreover, the shrine provides academic knowledge by teaching both Thai and Chinese languages to children in the village as well. Since then, the trading, and families in the community had continuously expanded. According to the chronicle, the valuable item in this shrine is a Chinese-style palanquin from China enshrining the goddess statue. It was a hard wooden palanquin wholly engraved with flower and animal patterns in Chinese artistic style. There are 2 sets (16 items) of 8 holy symbols belonged to 8 immortal demigods in Chinese belief (Poi-Por or “Sien” in Thai). These items are considered very precious, since they were particularly made from Kwang Chow during the old period.The sacredness, and supernatural power of Chao Pho, and Chao Mae (God and goddess) of Chao Mae Thap Thim Ta Lor Shrine has been renowned from the old times. Disciples from near and far have broadly received lives of prosperity, without any harm until nowadays. Remarkably, every December in a year, there will be a worshipping ceremony held for Chao Mae Thap Thim here, which people from everywhere participate in. Mostly, they come to beg for bearing a child.Those who are interested to worship, and visit Chao Mae Thap Thim Shrine can contact Tourism Authority of Thailand, Uthai Thani Office by dialing number 056-514-982.TransportationTo travel to Chao Mae Thap Thim Shrine by personal vehicles, drive along Highway no.111 Route: Pichit-Sak Lek. As soon as you reach Soi Wat Chitraram, turn left. After that, keep going straight. When passing Ta Lor market, turn left again. Then, you will finally arrive at Chao Mae Thap Thip Shrine. 

Read more

Detail

Day 2 : Phitsanulok

Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park

Phu Hin Rong Kla National Park covers an area of 191,875 rai or 76,750 acres of land, located 130 kilometers from Phitsanulok town center. The park has many different terrains including waterfalls, lush forests, and plains of rocks with the highest point in the park at 1,617 meters above sea level. There are different types of rock formations with splits in the rocky grounds and uneven formations. The park offers the opportunity to explore many of its historical sites that staged the conflict of two political parties. During 1967-1982, Phu Hin Rong Kla was the headquarters of the Communist Party of Thailand. The area was deemed a red zone by the government and became a battlefield between the Royal Thai Army and the Communist Party for 15 years. Phu Hin Rong Kla was a strategic location due to its mountainous areas which were great for defenses. The conflict ended in 1982 when the government granted amnesty to the students who join the Communist Party of Thailand, resulting in Phu Hin Rong Kla becoming a national park in 1984. Visitors are able to witness the rustic meeting hall, political school, and the administration building. A trail leading to Lan Hin Pum contains rock formations where Communist Party students used them as shelter from air bombing. The nearby headquarters is now a museum that exhibits weapons and medical instruments used by the Communist Party members. Another trail leads to Pha Chu Thong where the Communist Party’s red victory flag is situated. Tourists and visitors may stay overnight with accommodations and tents available but you are advised to make reservations.Admission fee is 500 bath for adults and 300 bath for children. Contact: For more information please contact 0 5523 3527 or 0 2561 4292 or email at rongkla-00@thaimail.com. Please visit www.dmp.go.th.Getting there: Take Highway no. 12 and turn left at 68 km marker into Highway no. 2013 leading to Nakhon Thai District.http://www.tourismthailand.org/See-and-Do/Sights-and-Attractions-Detail/Phu-Hin-Rong-Kla-National-Park--4759

Read more

Detail

Day 3 : Phitsanulok

Phu Soi Dao National Park

Phu Soi Dao National park occupies an area of 48,962.5 rai or 58,750 acres of land. The park has a cool climate all year round due to its height at 2,102 meters above sea level. Phu Soi Dao national park borders Laos and is home to several species of wild flowers. The park has several attractions that includes a savanna field situated within the dense pine trees and the five tier Phu Soi Dao waterfall near the park office. A 4-5 hour hike up the mountainous trail brings you to Larn Paa Son where you can stay over night. Visitors should stop at Sai Tip waterfall during their way to Larn Paa Son to admire the moss and lichen covered cliff. Visitors can reach Phu Soi dao from Phitsanulok by taking the highway to Wat Bot and Ban Pong Cae, then heading towards Chat Trakan District and to Phu Soi Dao for a total distance of 177 kilometers or from Phitsanulok towards Nakhon Thai District, then to Chat Trakan, and finally to Phu Soi Dao for a total distance of 154 kilometers. Six public buses depart for Phu Soi Dao from Phitsanulok at 06.00, 07.20, 09.30, 11.30, 12.50, and 16.50 hrs. An advance notice to park officers is required.Admission fee is 200 bath for adults and 100 bath for children. Contact: For more information, please call 0 5541 9234-5 or email reserve@dnp.go.th.http://www.tourismthailand.org/See-and-Do/Sights-and-Attractions-Detail/Phu-Soi-Dao-National-Park--4762  

Read more

Detail

3 Hr. 11 Min. ( Approx. 181.34 Km.)

Namtok Chat Trakan National Park

Namtok Chat Trakan National ParkNamtok Chat Trakan National Park is located 145 kilometres away from Phitsanulok City. It encompasses about 134,178 acres of land, covering part of Chat Trakan and Nakhon Thai Districts, Phitsanulok. It was declared a national park on 2 November 1987. It consists of mountainous terrain and mountain ranges. Generally, the climate here is cold. The average temperature in the summer which lasts from March until May is 25-29˚C. In the rainy season from June to October and the cold season from November to February, it is normally very cold at night.The park’s forest is composed of deciduous dipterocarp and hill evergreen forests. The first one occurs in areas with lateritic soils which are not quite fertile. Plants found here include, for example, Shorea obtusa, Shorea siamensis, hairy Keruing, iron wood, padauk and Shorea roxburghii trees. As for the hill evergreen forest, it occurs near streams and in areas with high humidity and fertile soil. Plants growing here are, for instance, Dipterocarpus alatus, mesawa, oak, Mangifera pentandra, Afzelia xylocarpa (Kurz) Craib and Thai crape myrtle trees. Moreover, there is some understory including palm, rattan palm and bamboo trees.  Animals mostly inhabit the nearby Phu Miang-Phu Thong Wildlife Sanctuary. The species found here are mostly small animals such as barking deer, wild boars, red junglefowls, chevrotains, squirrels, treeshrews and different kinds of birds.   To get to the park, use Phitsanulok-Lom Sak Road. Turn left at the Ban Yaeng intersection at the 68th milestone onto Highway 2013 and drive about 29 kilometres along the route, as far as Nakhon Thai. Then turn left onto Highway 1143 to Chat Trakan. Drive about 38 kilometres along the route. Before reaching Chat Trakan Town, turn left onto Highway 1237, drive another 10 kilometres and you will reach the park’s office. Alternatively, public transport from Phitsanulok City to the park is available. You can get on the Phitsanulok-Chat Trakan bus at the Phitsanulok bus terminal. Then take the Chat Trakan-Ban Na Don songthaew to your destination. One of the major attractions here is Chat Trakan Waterfall, also known as Pakrong Waterfall. It has seven levels. Besides, the cliff at the waterfall features colourful rock layers. Furthermore, between January and June, a number of bees will immigrate here and build their hives. In addition, there is a cave called the Pha Lek Cave, which possesses prehistoric art works, i.e. inscriptions illustrating something like animals on a rock. Admission fee is 300 bath for adults and 100 bath for children. The park also provides accommodations for visitors. To make a reservation, please contact the Royal Forestry Department on 0-2579-0529 or 0-2579-4842. 

Read more

Detail