headline
Trip Planner
3Days 2Nights : Kamphaeng Phet - Tak

Planner : Kamphaeng Phet 2 Day , Tak 1 Day

Period : 3 Days 2 Nights

Category : Nightlife & entertainment, Thai food & drink, Nature, beaches & islands, New experiences,adventure & off-the-beaten-track, Business, meeting or investment,

Share to :
  • Day 1

     :  Kamphaeng Phet

    Khlong Lan National Park

    KhlongLan National Park sprawls over mountain ranges to west of the province, covering some 300 square kilometers of land, with peaks reaching as high as 1,400 meters. Virgin jungles act as filters for the rain that falls and flows into streams in the area, eventually reaching the Ping River. The park’s waterfalls are not to be missed, particularly the 95-meter high NamtokKhlongLan and nine-level cascading NamtokKhlong Nam Lai (off Highway 1117 at Km. 35, and 10 kilometers in). A smattering of protruding rock formations in a stream, called the KaengKoRoi, (“Hundred Island Rapids”) is also a favorite local sight. Overnight camping is permitted. The KhlongLan National Park headquarters is 60 kilometers from town, on Highway 1117 (en route to KhlongLan district), near KhlongLan waterfall. It is located in TambonKhlongLanPhatthana, AmphoeKhlongLan, KamphaengPhet. The park is open 6.00 am-6.00 pm daily. r forest-dwelling monks to meditate and reflect.   The park is approximately 5 kilometers away from KamphaengPhet town at Km. 360, on the left of KamphaengPhet-PhranKratai route. The park is open from 9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m. Admission is 200 baht a person and an additional fee of 100 baht a car will be charged for visitors driving a personal car. For more information, call 0 55854736-7.

    Read more

    Phra Ruang Hot Spring (Bueng Sap)

         Phra Ruang Hot Spring (Bueng Sap), naturally, has 5 spots of hot spring rising from underground. The temperature is approximately 40-65 . Rumor has it that the water from the hot spring brings about luck for those who take it back home. According to the test by the Ministry of Public Health, there is neither contaminant nor dangerous diseases which are more dangerous than the standard.
         Legend has it that when “Phra Ruang” was young, he liked to travel to the deserted area. His journey to any places mostly resulted in legends. It is said that Phra Ruang had a lot of power as a result of his accumulated merit. He could make himself invisible, recite Trai Thep Wittayakom magic formula, and make everything he said come true. Legend has it that Phra Ruang arrived at the area of Khao Kai Khia and got a jungle fowl. When he reached a shady place, he started to feel hungry and wanted to eat that fowl. Therefore, he casted a spell, causing a hot spring, so that he could use hot water to scald and pluck the fowl. After plucking the fowl, he needed cold water, but there was none, so he put a spell that gave him cold water. As a result, there are both hot and cold springs in the middle of Bueng Sap. It is also believed that he might create hot and cold water in order to clean the fowl, or give water to the fowl, before continuing his journey. This area turned to be “Bueng Sap Hot Spring” at Khao Kai Khia, as mentioned before.
         In addition, in the occasion of His Majesty the King’s 5th cycle birthday anniversary on December 5, 1987, there was a ceremony, observed by the state, to sprinkle holy water. The holy water from Phra Ruang Hot Spring was used in the ceremony at the main image hall of Wat Suthat Thepwararam in Bangkok. This can emphasize the importance of Phra Ruang Hot Spring very well.
         Phra Ruang Hot Spring is located in the village number 3, Lan Dok Mai Sub-district. It is 13 kilometers from the city center along the highway number 101, Kamphaeng Phet- Lan Katai route. After that, the visitors have to turn left and continue their route for around 12 kilometers. At present, Phra Ruang Hot Spring has its landscape renovated for more beautiful scenery. It is a tourist attraction for health and relaxation which provides mineral bath and traditional massage services. For more details, contact 0 5570 1379.

     

    Read more

    14 Hr. 11 Min. ( Approx. 1266.87 Km.) More Details
    Khamphaeng Phet Historical Park

    The Ping River courses through the KamphaengPhet Park, a UNESCO-recognized World Heritage Site which is comprised of a diverse array of ancient monuments. A common aesthetic runs through the various ruins, which include temples, pagodas and fallen towns, resulting in a beautiful blend of contemporary Sukhothai and Ayutthaya styles. Also noteworthy is the variety of materials used at each site: the eastern bank is home to larger architecture built with laterite in contrast to the smaller, brick-made monuments in the west bank’s Nakhon Chum town. The ruins of city walls and ancient fortifications reveal the town’s rectangular shape, some 300-700 meters wide and 2,200 meters long. The principal Chedi (or stupa) of WatPhraKaeo stands proud in its center, adorned with lions. Nearby, other majestic Chedis stand guard.  More historic sights are located at the Aranyik Area, 2 kilometers northwest of KamphaengPhet town, an important place for forest-dwelling monks to meditate and reflect. The park is approximately 5 kilometers away from KamphaengPhet town at Km. 360, on the left of KamphaengPhet-PhranKratai route. The park is open from 9.00 a.m.-5.00 p.m. Admission is 100 baht a person and an additional fee of 50 baht a car will be charged for visitors driving a personal car. For more information, call 0 55854736-7.

    Read more

  • Day 2

     :  Kamphaeng Phet

    Mae Wong National Park

    Nearly 900 square kilometers of verdant jungles, rich in flora and fauna, make up the Mae Wong National Park.The park lies adjacent to the KhlongLan National Park and the HuaiKhaKhaeng Wildlife Sanctuary in UthaiThani. Rare elephants, gaurs, tigers and birds like the hornbill and kingfisher have staked their claim on the park’s lands. Visitors can relax at Chong Yen, a scenic spot atop a cliff, perfect for enjoying a constant breeze and a sunset, though note that access is restricted to certain hours. Along the KhlongLan-Umphang route passing through the park are also several viewing points between Km. 81 and 115. For trekkers and climbers, a five-day trip will take visitors to the Mo Ko Chu summit, a dizzying 1,964 meters high. Waterfalls and many other attractions await visitors, but most require a long trek. To get there from Bangkok, take Highway No. 1 and turn left at Km. 338 onto Highway No. 1117, KhlongLan-Umphang Route. At the intersection to KhlongLan, go straight for 19 kilometers to the National Park Office. Those taking a bus from Bangkok can disembark at KhlongLan’sTalatKhlongLan (a market), and hire a taxi to the national park. The national park is open 24 hours a day, every day. More information is available at 0 5322 1179, 0532222. Admission fee is 200 bath for adults and 100 bath for children.  

    Read more

    15 Hr. 26 Min. ( Approx. 1283.23 Km.) More Details
    Kamphaeng Phet National Museum

    The KamphaengPhet National Museum houses ancient objets d’art and artifacts from different eras such as the Rattanakosin and Lop Buri eras. Fascinating displays of ancient ornaments range from reliefs, earthenware designs, and heads of Buddha statues to sculptures of celestial beings used to decorate pagoda or Chedi bases. A bronze sculpture of the Hindu god Shiva, whose head and hands were removed during the reign of King Rama V, has been restored to its former glory and can also be viewed at the museum.   The KamphaengPhet National Museum is open Wednesday-Sunday from 9.00 am-4.00 pm. Admission is 100 baht. For more information, call 0 55711570 or visit www.thailandmuseum.com.

    Read more

    Kham Pheang Phet’s Shrine of the City Pillar

    Kham Pheang Phet’s Shrine of the City Pillar

        It is located in area of Wat Phra Kaew and Kham Phaeng Phet’s National Museum. Kham Phaeng Phet City is a blessed name which means a secure city like a city surrounded by fortifications made from diamond. Kham Phaeng Phet’s Shrine of the City Pillar is in harmony with security and steadiness, therefore, it is better to make a wish about habitations, occupations, lost things, the beloved etc.

        Kham Pheang Phet’s Shrine of the City Pillar is assumed to be established in the period of King Maha Thammaracha I (Lithai) who ruled Kham Pheang Phet City. It is made of round laterite and about 2 meters off the ground. It was buried and rose above the ground around 1 meter. Moreover, the Thepharak’s head was found on the top of the laterite. In the period of King Rama V, the roof fell on the pillar of the City and the Thepharak’s head. Afterwards, it was in bad condition for a long time until 1929, the Rong Ammat Eak Luang Montri Rach (Whan), a Kham Phang Phet’s prosecutor initiated an idea of constructing the new Shrine of the City Pillar as a pavilion in Thai style.

        In 1945, a thief cut the Thepharak’s head and Laung Prariwat Woravichit (Chantra Charoenchai), the provincial governor, ordered reconstruction. It was made from soil from the top of  Khao Luang Mountain, from the center of monastery and from the center of ancient pagodas in Kham Phaeng Phet, Sukhothai, Srisuchanalai, Phitsanulok and Tak province. Later, Chaovat Sudlapha went to Kham Phaeng Phet to take on the provincial governor. In October 1982, the provincial governor went to pay respect to the Shrine of the City Pillar, he felt that the Shrine of the City Pillar was in decline and wasn’t in good shape then he ordered to renovate the Shrine of the City Pillar as a holy place of the city for Kham Phaeng Phet’s people to respect and worship.
        The restoration was based on the accuracy and the complete form of the Shrine of the City Pillar along with local traditions. The new Shrine of the City Pillar tower is a building with four gable ends as well as boundary of which the width is 17.5x17.5 meters and the elevated height is 19 meters. It was established in direction of facing four sides, according to the astrology. The tower was made of reinforced concrete, marble floor, washing sand of laterite.
        The complete construction program and installation of the city pillar and Thepharak’s head ceremony was on May 5, 1984 which was the same day as Coronation’s day.
        On April 16, 1984 the King Rama IX assigned His Royal Highness Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn to preside over the opening of Kham Phaeng Phet’s Shrine of the City Pillar and to make an auspicious marking on them in the name of the King’s representative.

    Read more

    Wat Phra Si Iriyabot or Wat Phra Yuen

    WatPhra Si Iriyabot, or “WatPhra Yuen”, as it is dubbed by locals, is a local monastery fronted by an expansive pond. Vertical sandstone slabs make up the walls of this religious site, decorated on both sides with Buddha images. The images depict each of the four most important attitudes or stances: reclining, walking, standing, and sitting.   The temple is open daily.

    Read more

  • Day 3

     :  Tak

    Bhumibhol dam

    The Bhumibol Dam was constructed across the Ping River at Khao Kaeo Sub-district and Sam Ngao District of Tak Province. The dam was constructed in 1958 and completed in 1964 with the height 154 meters and retention capacity of 13,462 million m3. The dam is the first and largest multipurpose concrete arch dam in Thailand. It has provided great benefits to the country including electrical generation, irrigation in collaboration with the Sirikit Dam for the areas under the Greater Chao Phraya Project of 1,200,000 ha in the wet season and 480,000 ha in the dry season, flood mitigation of the Central Plain, inland navigation as well as prevention of sea water intrusion in the lower Chao Phraya and Tha Chin river basin. Opening hours: 8:30am-4:30pm Getting there: From Tak Province, take Highway No.1 until reaching Km 463 take a left turn to the dam about 17 kilometers. http://www.tourismthailand.org/See-and-Do/Sights-and-Attractions-Detail/Khuean-Bhumibol--4672

    Read more

    2 Hr. 21 Min. ( Approx. 142.38 Km.) More Details
    Thai – Myanmar Friendship Bridge

    This bridge connects the Asian Highway between Thailand and Myanmar, is located at Tambon Tha Sai Luad, opposite a town called Myawadi in Myanmar. The Asian Highway also runs to other regions in South Asia, the Middle East and Europe. The bridge opens daily and border passes fee is  20 baht for Thais and 10 baht for people from Myanmar. The document can be obtained from either Mae Moei City or Mae Sot Municipal. Opening hours: 8:30am-4:30pm Contact: 055-563-002 Getting there: The bridge is located in Tambon Tha Sai Luat, across the Moei River between Tak’s Mae Sot district and Myawadi in the Union of Myanmar. http://www.tourismthailand.org/See-and-Do/Sights-and-Attractions-Detail/Thai-%E2%80%93-Myanmar-Friendship-Bridge--1185 

    Read more

    3 Hr. 32 Min. ( Approx. 196.12 Km.) More Details
    Thi Lor Su Waterfall

    Thi Lor Su Waterfall is the waterfall that well known about it beautiful some said this waterfall is the most beautiful waterfall in Thailand. Thi Lor Su Waterfall is a limestone waterfall with a height of 300 meters and a width of about 500 meters, located in Um Phang Wildlife Sanctuary, Um Phang District, Tak Province. The waterfall is a stream of water flowing from Huay Cot Thuot through the creek that flows through the steep cliffs. A loud rumbling sound in the rainforest.             According to Thi Lor Su Travel guide there are nearby waterfall surround the area such as Lor Jor Waterfall, Rainbow Waterfall, Pa Charearn Waterfall and Lor Lei Waterfall. Some of these waterfall has to travel by foot or rubber boat depend on suggestion from Wildlife Sanctuary HQ. Aside from waterfall there are some activity tourist can participate include Rubber boat trip, Cave survey, and Take a good view at some view point.             There are some suggestion and caution about tourist who want to travel to Thi Lor Su Waterfall.             In rain season the sanctuary will be close in order to keep vehicle out of the forest so wild life will not be bother from outsider.             There are only 2 ways to travel to Thi Lor Su Waterfall. First way is take a rubber boat from Mae Klong River in Um Phang district about 3 Hr. and then walk about 10 Km. to Thi Lor Su Waterfall. Another way to travel to Thi Lor Su Waterfall is to walk 25 Km. straight from Huai Nong Luang Forest Guard HQ. So tourist have to contact travel agency or sanctuary HQ before going in.             Tourist can go to Um Phang Wildlife Sanctuary by personal vehicle use Um Phang-Mea Klong Mai road and turn left at 20th Km. Be advise that a road to Um Phang Wildlife Sanctuary is an off road so tourist are recommended to use four wheel drive car.   

    Read more

    3 Hr. 32 Min. ( Approx. 196.12 Km.) More Details
    Pha Sam Ngao

    Pha Sam Ngao
        Pha Sam Ngao or Phra Sam Ngao is located at Yan Ri Sub-distrcit of Sam Ngao District. From Tak town, take highway No. 1107 and go past the Chedi Yutthahatti intersection for about 25 kilometers. Alternatively, take highway No. 1. At the 463rd kilometer, turn left to Bhumibol Dam. Go on for about 10 kilometers, you will reach Sam Ngao District and see a big mountain that local people call “Pha Sam Ngao.” It is because three deep holes were carved into the cliff at the mountain foot and a gilded Buddha image is housed in each of the three niches. There are wooden stairs leading the tourists up the mountain to pay respect to the Buddha images.
        The myth of Pha Sam Ngao tells the story of two hermits, Vasuthep and Sukkatunta. After they had finished building Haripoonchai (modern-day Lamphun), they assigned ambassadors to invite Chamadevi, the daughter of King Nopparat of Lavo (Lopburi), to rule Haripoonchai. When the King allowed her to do so, Chamadevi along with her servants went on a journey upstream via Ping River.
        When they reach the area which is Pha Sam Ngao nowadays, a portent suddenly happened to them. Storm blew heavily, stopping the boats from continuing towards the water. Chamadevi, then, prayed that if she was worth the throne of Haripoonchai, let all the unfortunate events disappear. At the end of her prayer, a loud thunder struck and the storm gradually calmed. When the sun returned after the storm, three shadowy figures of Buddha appeared on the cliff. Very pleased to see such miracle, Chamadevi ordered her people to build three Buddha images after what she had seen from the vision on this cliff and celebrate for three nights before the group continued their journey to Haripoonchai.

    Read more

    2 Hr. 21 Min. ( Approx. 142.27 Km.) More Details
    Wat Chon Prathan Rangsan

    Wat Chon Prathan Rangsan

    Wat Chon Prathan Rangsan is located at Moo 3, Ban Judsan, Sam Ngao Sub District. It was built around five kilometres from Bhumibol Dam by the Royal Irrigation Department to replace eight existing temples which were flooded in 1959, after the construction of the dam. The eight temples were Wat Ban Huai, Wat Si Tan, Wat Don Keaw, Wat Luang, Wat Tha Duea, Wat Ta Pong, Wat Aum Warb and Wat Phra That Loi. At the time, people in Ban Na Subtrict were also evacuated to an allocated area.   

    The temple is home to part of the holy relics of Buddha, the sacred Phra That Loi, a top of a tiered-umbrella and other religious objects; for example, bronze statues of Buddha in different mudras and sizes, gilded casket carrying scriptures of Buddhist teaching and a variety of essential utensils.  

    The key attraction at Wat Chon Prathan Rangsan is the three bronze images of Buddha in Subduing Mara mudra called Luang Por Tun Jai. The first statue is 19 inch wide and 32 inch tall, the second 16 inch wide and 31 inch tall, and the third 9 inch wide and 20 inch tall. The Buddha images have over 1,300 years old. They are the respectable, highly sacred images of Buddha of people in Sam Ngao District.  

    According to evidence as of 1929, Khun Jaroon, a police chief at the time, went on patrol, stole Luang Por Tun Jai and tried to sell the images around the centre of Rahang. However, people are afraid and nobody bought the stolen Buddha images, so Khun Jaroon and his people returned the images to the temple and docked his boat to pass the night in front of the temple. At around one o’clock, while he was resting, his body went in convulsion and he died at a later time.  

    Another incident took place on September 2, 2008, when the smallest Luan Por Tun Jai was stolen from the temple. Later, on September 12, the culprit brought the image to Wat Klong Ranong, Chumsang District, Nakhon Sawan Province, and called Pol.Gen. Damrong Petchpong, the superintendent of Chumsang Police Station during the time, to return the image to Wat Chon Prathan Rangsan. Both incidences were viewed as miracles of Luang Por Tun Jai. During Songkran festival each year, people in Sam Ngao District will carry the three Buddha images around villages. Along the roads, there will be people bringing flowers, incenses and candles to pay respect. They will also throw popped rice, flowers and water at the procession for a blessing.   

    Luang Por Tun Jai was formerly housed at Wat Tha Duea for around 50 years before the images were kept at Wat Tha Pong for about 7 years. When the government had the Bhumibol Dam built, monks and local people then moved to the land which were allocated for them. Wat Chon Pra Than Rangsan was built at that time. In 1960, the images of Luang Por Tun Jai were moved to the temple and have remained there until present.  



    Read more

    2 Hr. 21 Min. ( Approx. 142.27 Km.) More Details
    Mae Sot

    This westernmost district is located along Maenam Moei on the Thai border, approximately 86 kilometers from the city of Tak. Facing Myanmar on the opposite bank, Mae Sot has so much to offer tourists. It is a shopping paradise for gemstones lovers as it is has now become a major trading spot for jade and gems and for general shopaholics who can shop at the municipal market (behind Siam Hotel) for cheap Burmese clothing, cigarettes, decorative items, original Burmese blankets and slippers, etc. Contact: TAT Office in Tak Province at 055-514-341/2/3 Getting there: Mae Sot is easily reached by traveling on Highway No. 105 from Tak city. http://www.tourismthailand.org/See-and-Do/Sights-and-Attractions-Detail/Mae-Sot--4705

    Read more