08.00 - 18.00Contact Details
Amphoe Phra Nakhon Si ayutthaya, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
0 3524 6076-7
Officially named Pom Phet Phairote, it is one of the main forts protecting the walls of Ayutthaya City and is one the few that remains until today. It is situated at Bangkaja, where the Chao Phraya and Pasak rivers meet. This large fortress is believed to be built during the reign of King Mahathammaracha after he first Burmese-Ayutthaya war in 1549.