09.00 - 16.00Contact Details
Tambon Khuha-Sawan, Amphoe Mueang, Phatthalung
Originally a government place and the home of the city lord, this palatial compound is also called Wang Kao (or “old palace”). It consists of three adjoining Thai houses, built in the time of Phraya Phatthalung (Noi Chantharotchanawong) when he was the provincial governor. The palace later became the property of Praphai Mutamara, the daughter of Luang Si Worachat. A second section is called “The New Palace”, or “Wang Mai”, and was built in 1889 by Phraya Aphaiborirak Chakrawichit Phiphitphakdi (Net Chantharotchanawong), the son of Phraya Phatthalung, then the provincial governor. The Chantharotchanawong family later donated this historic site to the government. The Fine Arts Department declared it a national historic site in 1983.
The palaces are located at Tambon Lam Pam, near Wat Wang. It is open daily from 9.00 am-4.00 pm. Admission is 50 baht per person.