Tours & Packages
- Cruising / Sailing
- Cultural Exploration
- Ecotourism / Green Travel
- Learning Activities
- Medical Tourism
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Air Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Land Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Water Activities
- »Jet Skiing, Water Skiing
- »Scuba Diving
- »Sea kayaking, Canoeing
- »Wake Boarding
- »White Water Kayaking, Canoeing
- »White Water Rafting
- »Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
- Self Drive
- Spa and Wellness
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Kayaking and Cave Explorer
Tour Overview :
Depart Chiang Mai and travel northwest to discover the charms of the remote Shan town of Pai. Stay at a natural jungle lodge‚ experience adventurous kayaking along Nam Lang River and explore the spectacular Lod cave before continuing to the peaceful town of Mae Hong Son.
Departure Date : Daily
Tour Inclusion : Tours and transfers by air-conditioned transport. Non air-conditioned public transportation and open pick-up truck will be used in remote areas.
· Accommodation is in standard-class hotels based on 2 persons in a twin-bedded room on B/B basis. The rooms are air-conditioned in Mae Hong Son and without air conditioning in Pai & Sob Pong. All rooms are with attached bath and toilet.
· Meals as specified.
· Services of a local English-speaking guide during the excursions.
· Admission fees where applicable.
Tour Exclusion : · Guide while traveling on public transportation.
· Drinks & meals not mentioned in the above itinerary.
· Domestic flight Mae Hong Son – Chiang Mai (which can be provided at an additional cost).
· Tips for guide & drivers.
· Personal expenses.
Remark : A supplement for high season and/or compulsory dinners will be advised at the time of booking, if applicable.
Day by Day Itinerary :
Date 1 : Chiang Mai - Pai
Depart Chiang Mai to Pai. Time at leisure to explore by yourself the town and its surroundings. Attractions include the nearby hill- tribe villages, waterfalls and local hot springs, or you can just relax and unwind in this peaceful small town.
Date 2 : Pai - Pang Mapha
ransfer by minivan or pick-up truck to Pang Mapha and check in to the natural jungle lodge. After some refreshments and lunch, visit Lod Cave, a large limestone cave with a wide stream running through it. Besides the main chamber, there are three side chambers to explore. The second cavern can be visited by using a raft crossing the stream. Thai-style dinner and overnight in a bungalow of the jungle lodge.
Date 3 : Pang Mapha - Pang Mapha
After breakfast start an adventurous trip with paddles and pedals. Enjoy the fun of 3-4 hours kayaking for 12 kms. along the Nam Lang, passing through the cave before 12 kms. of exciting white water rapids. After lunch take a 2-hour ride by mountain bike to explore the natural trails back to the lodge. Remark: Those who do not wish to take the paddle and pedals trip, full day options include: “trekking and cave exploration” or “a walk along forest trails to visit a Karen hill-tribe with the fun of elephant riding and bamboo rafting”. Please advise at the time of booking when applicable.
Date 4 : Pang Mapha - Mae Hong Son
After breakfast transfer to Mae Hong Son. Stop en route at Nai Soi to visit the long neck Karen village. After arrival in Maehongon, drive up to Doi Kong Moo Temple for magnificent views of the valley and the town. Then transfer to the hotel for overnight.
Date 5 : Mae Hong Son - Chiang Mai
At leisure to explore by yourself the beauty of this small town. Suggested sights are the lake-side twin Burmese-style monasteries of Wat Jong Klang and Wat Jong Kham, and the local handicraft market. Then departure transfer to the airport for own flight to Chiang Mai.
Termination of the tour upon arrival Mae Hong Son airport.