Ministry of Tourism and Sports’ measures for affected tourists during emergency situations
1. Set up a service point at hospitals’ information counter where the wounded are admitted. Staff at the service point are from the Department of Tourism, The Ministry of Tourism and Sports, Tourist Police Division, with the help of volunteer interpreters in several languages. These service points are located at Chulalongkorn Hospital, Police General Hospital, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration General Hospital, Hua Chiew Hospital, Ramathibodi Hospital, and Rajavithi Hospital, to facilitate communications with the patients and the family of the deceased. The hotline number 1155 is available for information 24 hours a day.
2. The Ministry of Tourism and Sports provides an insurance cover of 300,000 bath in case of death, and 100,000 bath for actual medical treatment. In addition, tourists travelling in Thailand with a tour agency are covered by the tour company’s insurance policy.
3. The tourist police and volunteers are deployed in major tourist areas, airports, and bus terminals, to help prevent escalation.
4. Immediate family and relatives of the affected tourists can contact their respective embassies, consulates, and Thailand Tourist Offices in every country.
5. The Tourism and Sports Minister has set up a War Room to assess the situation and communicate with relatives of the tourists at Meeting Room 2, 3rd floor, Ministry of Tourism and Sports, tel: 0 2134 4077 or contact Khun Duangsamorn at tel: 09 8919 3101.
Available TAT Offices:
- China: Beijing, Shanghai, Chengdu, Guangzhou, Kunming, and Hong Kong SAR.
- Japan: Tokyo, Osaka, and Fukuoka
- Malaysia: Kuala Lumpur
- Taiwan: Taipei