Tours & Packages
- Cruising / Sailing
- Cultural Exploration
- Ecotourism / Green Travel
- Learning Activities
- Medical Tourism
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Air Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Land Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Water Activities
- Self Drive
- Spa and Wellness
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Treasures of Three Rivers
Tour Overview :
A unique opportunity to explore Thailand’s rural areas in the Central Plain on three beautiful rivers and to meet with local people and witnesses their typical handicraft making occupations. The program includes three unique accommodations: on the Thanatharee rice barge to explore charming villages along a small river (the Maenam Noi or Pasak)‚ at the Country Lake Nature Lodge located amidst a forest in a rural area of peaceful Uthai Thani‚ combined with a cruise along the Sakaekrang River‚ and at the Jungle Rafts on a raft house which blends into the natural surroundings of the Kwai Noi River.
Departure Date : Monday , Tuesday , Wednesday , Saturday
Tour Inclusion :
· Joint tours and transfers by air-conditioned minibus.
· Hotel accommodation throughout the tour is based on 2 persons sharing a twin-bedded room.
Day 1 On board Thanatharee.
The barge provides air-conditioned multi-share accommodation for a maximum of 12 persons, the sleeping area being divided into two sections by a curtain. One common bathroom and one toilet are located on the main deck, a second toilet is on the upper deck. Clients should bring their own personnel toiletries (towel and soap are provided).
Remark: In a rare case that there are more than 12 joining persons, the sleeping area for additional persons will be at the barge’s common area (on the upper deck, space is available for a maximum of 4 persons). Mosquito nets, pillows and blankets are provided.
Day 2 At Country Lake Nature Lodge.
All bungalows are air-conditioned with attached hot-cold shower and toilet.
Day 3 At River Kwai Jungle Raft.
Accommodation is in a bamboo raft house, it is of basic standard with attached cold shower and toilet. To preserve the natural atmosphere there is no electricity and illumination at night is by oil lamp.
· Full board (from lunch on Day 1 to lunch on Day 4).
· Services of English speaking-assistant during on board the barge (day 1, 2) and stationed-English-speaking guide in Uthaithani & Kanchanaburi.
· All services and activities described in the itineraries.
Tour Exclusion : · Soft drinks (except water) and alcoholic beverages.
· Meals not mentioned in the above itinerary
· Tips for the crew.
· Personal expenses.
Remark : · Activities are subject to change without prior notice due to local conditions, but the same concept is well maintained.
· Please enquire for the detailed itinerary of each departure. Kindly note that except for Day 1 and the morning of Day 2 the programme will be the same for each departure day. This is because the Thanatharee operates a continuous schedule of overnight cruises up and down the Chao Phraya River between Bangkok and Ayudhaya and so the starting and finishing points of the Thanatharee portion of the programme will vary according to the departure day. The duration of the cruise and the activities, however, vary very little.
Day by Day Itinerary :
Date 1 : Bangkok - Maenam Noi
Morning transfer from your hotel to meet the "Thanatharee" rice barge.
The cruise passes through rich agricultural areas dotted with small towns and villages where life moves at a slower and more gentle pace. With bicycles on board frequent stops are made along the way to explore the countryside and observe the way of life and culture of the rural Thai people. There will be opportunities to see the traditional handicrafts still produced in these areas and meet with the local people, in a world far removed from the usual tourist haunts.
Dinner and overnight on board.
Date 2 : Maenam Noi - Sakaekrang River - Uthai Thani
After an early breakfast and the opportunity to give food to the monks on their morning alms round, observe the villagers' day-to-day activities before continuing the cruise to the meeting point where a minibus is waiting for the transfer to Uthai Thani.
Before arrival at Uthai Thani, visit the temple Wat Tasung and its amazing Crystal Hall, Golden Hall and fish sanctuary. Then board the converted rice barge "Kirinava" to cruise along the Sakaekrang River to see the traditional house boats of the local people and the serene life along the riverbank.
After the cruise visit the lively local evening market and Wat Sangkat Ratana Khiri, up into the hills, for a birds-eye-view of the city and then transfer to the Country Lake Nature Lodge for overnight.
Date 3 : Uthai Thani - Kanchanaburi - Kwai Noi River
At leisure in the morning to enjoy the natural surroundings of the resort and the activities available such as birding, biking or kayaking in the lake. Then transfer to Kanchanaburi, stops en route at Ban Kok Mor weaving village, school or pineapple plantation (depending on the season).
Arrive at the boat pier in Kanchanaburi late afternoon and transfer to the Jungle Rafts for overnight. End the day with a display of traditional ethnic-Mon dances after dinner.
Date 4 : Kwai Noi River - Bangkok
After breakfast free time to visit the ethnic-Mon Village to see their way of life, or enjoy a Thai herbal massage (not included).
Take a cruise through the scenic jungle along the Kwai Noi River to Pak Saeng for lunch. Drive back to Bangkok and transfer to your hotel.