Tours & Packages
- Cruising / Sailing
- Cultural Exploration
- Ecotourism / Green Travel
- Learning Activities
- Medical Tourism
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Air Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Land Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Water Activities
- Self Drive
- Spa and Wellness
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Thanatharee Cruise & Ayudhaya
Tour Overview :
Our speciality is "off-the-beaten-track" arrangement: soft adventure, activity holidays and any special interest packages. In 1982, long before the world had heard of eco-tourism we operated our first ornithological tours in Thailand's natinal parks and with the knowledge gained from organising such specialised itineraries we have built a range of products that can cater to almost any special interest. Whether it is trekking in remote regions, cruising, rafting or scuba diving; bird watching, an agricultural study tour or a spa & meditation course, we can do it.
Departure Date : Wednesday , Saturday
Tour Inclusion : · Transfers by air-conditioned minibus.
· Sleeping facilities in the barge is air-conditioned multi-share accommodation for maximum 12 persons. The two sides are separated by a fabric curtain. One common bathroom and one toilet are located in the main deck. Another one toilet on the upper deck. Clients should bring their own towel and personnel toiletries (towel and soap are provided).
Remark: In a rare case that there are more than 12 joining persons, the sleeping area for additional persons will be at the barge’s common area (on the upper deck, space is available for a maximum of 4 persons). Mosquito nets, pillows and blankets are provided.
· Meals as specified in the program.
· Entrance fee where applicable.
· Service of local English-speaking guide during the transfers and excursion.
· Service of local English-speaking assistance during the cruise.
Tour Exclusion : · Drinks & meals not mentioned in the above itinerary.
· Tips for guide & drivers.
· Personal expenses.
Remark : · Wednesday departure may be reversed with a drive on Day 1 from Bangkok to Ayudhaya for excursion and then cruise southbound to arrive in Bangkok on Friday, Day 3.
· Itinerary of the barge portion is only a guideline and is subject to change without prior notice due to tide and local conditions, but the same concept is well maintained.
Day by Day Itinerary :
Date 1 : Bangkok - Maenam Noi
Saturday, Bangkok – Ko Kred – Samkok – Maenam Noi (-/L/D)
Morning transfer to board the “Thanatharee” and depart Bangkok to Ko Kred, an isle in the middle of the Chao Phraya River. Explore the Mon pottery-making village on the isle before continuing to lively Pathum Thani market where varieties of fresh meats, vegetables and various local goods are sold. Lunch served on the way. Continue the cruise with a short stop at Wat Pailom, well known as a winter nesting ground of the Asian Openbill Stork which migrates from Northern India and Siberia and then head upriver to the unspoilt Maenam Noi, a small branch of the main Chao Phraya River.
Arrive at a village in Maenam Noi in the late afternoon, tie up for the night and enjoy dinner on board.
Date 2 : Maenam Noi - Pamok village
Sunday, Maenam Noi – Ban Bang Sadej – Pamok village (B/L/D)
An opportunity to give food to the monks on their morning alms round. After breakfast take a cycle ride to explore the villages, then depart for Wat Taku. (Lunch served on board.) Set off by bicycle to explore the local villages along the Maenam Noi.
Rejoin the barge at Wat Kophai and continue to Bang Sadej. Bike to visit its famous temple and a local orphanage where, mainly, hilltribe children receive an education and vocational training. Continue to the main village to meet the local people and see the cottage industries they engage in. Then depart to Pamok for the second overnight. Dinner on board.
Date 3 : Pa Mok - Bangkok
Monday, Pa Mok – Ayudhaya – Bangkok (B/L/-)
Visit the lively morning market and the local Pamok School. Also visit a local family that makes drums. Then depart for Ayuthaya, Thailand’s former capital (1350-1767) and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Arrive at Ayutthaya train station pier at approximately at 12:00 hrs. Disembark to visit the magnificent ruins of Ayudhaya, Thailand’s former capital (1350-1767) and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Return to Bangkok. End of services