Tours & Packages
- Cruising / Sailing
- Cultural Exploration
- Ecotourism / Green Travel
- Learning Activities
- Medical Tourism
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Air Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Land Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Water Activities
- »Jet Skiing, Water Skiing
- »Scuba Diving
- »Sea kayaking, Canoeing
- »Wake Boarding
- »White Water Kayaking, Canoeing
- »White Water Rafting
- »Windsurfing & Kitesurfing
- Self Drive
- Spa and Wellness
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Lisu and LannaSoft Adventure 3 Days 2 Nights
Tour Overview :
Adventurous package with Elephant riding, bicycling and White water rafting for those who want something new and exciting. Visit and overnight the lodge in Lisu tribal village and Northern Thai house style.
Departure Date :
Tour Inclusion :
- Tour and activities: Elephant riding, Rafting and cycling.
- English speaking guide.
- 2 nights accommodation (1N at Lisu Lodge and 1N at Khum Lanna) based on half twin-bedded room.
- Meals as specified.
- Local open-air truck for the activity.
Tour Exclusion :
- Transfer from and to Chiang Mai city.
- All airfares.
- Other meals and services than those mentioned.
- Personal expense.
- Gusets should be healthy and in good physical condition.
- Weather condition may impose changes in the program or even the cancellation of certain activities.
- Validity from now until 31 October 2011
Day by Day Itinerary :
Date 1 :
Arrival at Lisu Lodge. A traditional welcome drink will be served followed by a briefing. We will propose a choice of activities and you can decide how you want to spend the afternoon.
Later morning, our Lisu guide will take you for a walk through the village. You will start from the Ton Lung temple to view the herbal garden and visit some local families with a stop for a cup of tea and a spot of traditional medicine at shaman's house.
Return to Lisu Lodge for a tasty Thai Lunch.
After the lunch, visit the cultural center created by the villagers, where you will find a collection of typical household items and tools used by the Lisu and Akha mountain tribes.
Afterwards you have a choice of activities:
1. Guided bike tour around the Lisu Lodge area.
2. Steam bath.
4. Ox-cart ride through farmlands and orchards to the Thai village of Baan Pang Mai Daeng - about an hour ending up bact at Lisu Lodge.
A second additional 1-hour activity can be booked at a nominal charge but as a free activity you are welcome to go cycling by yourself. We will give you a road book of recommended itineraries.
Time at leisure until the Thai dinner with a traditional Lisu dance show. Overnight at Lisu Lodge.
Meal included: Lunch and Dinner
Date 2 :
LISU LODGE - KHUM LANNA
Breakfast at the Lodge. Start an exciting day with an easy 13 kilometers (8 miles) of cycling to the Elelphant camp. Enjoy an hour of elephant riding through the montainous jungle scenery down to the river.
After a healthy picnic lunch on the bank of the river, you will go on an exciting ride, about 45 minutes of white water rafting that takes you a traditional Thai country village. From there you proceed to Khum Lanna. Upon arrival, as a welcome drink, enjoy a refreshing herbal tea or fruit juice from the bountiful gardens of Khum Lanna itself. Check-in to you room.
Briefing to decide on your activities for the following morning.
At 5 pm, Thai cooking introduction; get a free Khum Lanna recipe book and start a first lesson to learn to prepare an authentic Thai meal (4 dishes). All the major ingredients in Thai cooking are introduced along with the concept of balancing the 5-flavor groups. Time at leisure until dinner.
Enjoy the Tahi dinner that you helped prepare yourself. Overnight at Khum Lanna.
Meal included: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinne
Date 3 :
At 5.30 am, coffee/tea will be brought to your room for your wake-up call before the sunrise biking along the rural country road via San Kwang village to Phrao to visit an early morning local market where local coffee is available. With the help of your guide, you may buy local cookies and flower garlands for the temple offering on the way back.
Then you visit a farmer's rice and traditional tools shop, chat with the owner, and learn more about the rice legends and differences and properties of the varieties of rice. Your local escort will translate. Bike back to Khum Lanna with a stop to visit Wat Pa. Pay respect to the Buddha image under the sacred tree.
Continue biking to Khum Lanna along the local canal through the rice fields and get more information about the rice-growing process and the important place that rice occupies in Thai life. Refereshment or shower before breakfast is serve at 9 am.
Khum Lanna's concept is "Rice for Life". You will be given an orientation of this concept and also learn about the history of rice cultivation, the types, the equipment used in the past and the future needs. You will receive a "Khum Lanna Thai Recipe Book" that explains many delicious recipes, plus the herbs used and the health benefits of each. Lunch will include a country style Barbeque, sticky rice that you prepared earlier, and all the scrumtious dishes to complement. We will also give you descriptions of Thai words that will be helpful for your market visit the following day.
Afternnon, choose one of the exciting following (approx. one hour) activities:
1. A guided biking tour around Khum Lanna country side.
2. Creative fruit (or vegetable) carving.
3. A local herbal steam bath to relax and rejuvenate your body.
4. A therapeutic Hot -pressed herbal massage (consisting of 8 kinds of herb: ginger, zingier, lemongrass, plantain, tamarind leaves, soap pod, camphor and Aom Kiew).
Notes: A second additional 1 hour activity can be booked at a nominal charge but as a free activity you are welcome to go cycling by yourself. We will give you a road book of recommended itineraries.
End of program
Meal included: Breakfast and Lunch