Tours & Packages
- Cruising / Sailing
- Cultural Exploration
- Ecotourism / Green Travel
- Learning Activities
- »Art & Craft School
- »Flying School
- »Golf School
- »Rock Climbing School
- »Scuba Diving School
- »Thai Boxing Courses
- »Thai Cooking Classes
- Medical Tourism
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Air Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Land Activities
- Outdoor and Adventure Activities - Water Activities
- Self Drive
- Spa and Wellness
- Weddings & Honeymoons
Bangkok and Beyond Foodie Cooking Tour
Tour Overview :
How does exploring the full range Thai cuisine with a group of like minded food lovers and some local food experts sound? A lot of people who travel in Thailand can be confused by the food; there is so much of it, it is so diverse, and it can be so alien. So we have put together our own food and cooking tour and dispel the darkness. We’ll explore the cuisines of all of Thailand’s different regions and learn to make some of your favorite dishes.
- 7 nights accommodation
- 2 cooking classes
- 5 market visits
- 1 street food tour
- 2 snack shops
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 6 dinners, 1 dinner cruise
Departure Date : Arrival and departure on Wednesday.
This vacation is also available on other dates, please firstname.lastname@example.org
Tour Inclusion :
- Airport pickup and drop off
- All meals
- All admission fees
- English speacking drivers
- Tour guide
- Cooking Classes
Tour Exclusion :
- Optional Tours
- Expenditures of a personal nature, such as drinks, souvenirs and laundry etc
- Other tours & meals than mentioned in the program
Terms and Conditions :
More information about terms and conditions, other frequently asked questions, can be read on Bangkok Beyond website. You can also ask your questions directly to email@example.com who would be glad to assist you.
Day by Day Itinerary :
Date 1 : Bangkok
- Whether you are arriving this day at the airport, train station or already in Bangkok we will come to pick you up and take you to the Indra Regent Hotel where you will be staying the first few nights as well as the last night of the tour.
- After everybody is settled in we will go by private van to Soul Food Mahanakorn for a welcome dinner and cocktails.
Date 2 : Bangkok
- This day is reserved for seeing the must see sights of Bangkok. Together with a licensed tour guide you will see famous places such as below. More information on places we might visit read under Location.
- The magnificent Grand Palace where the most famous and sacred Emerald Buddha is located.
- Wat Po - Temple of the Reclining Buddha - 46 meters long and 15 meters high and covered in gold. You will never forget that sight, I promise.
- Go on a canal tour through the klongs (canals) of Bangkok as well as on the Chao Phraya River where we will stop at Wat Arun -Temple of Dawn.
- The lunch this day will be eating local street food, just like the locals. This is where you will find the best food to be honest.
- After spending about half the day sightseeing we will take you back to the hotel for a couple of hours so you can relax a bit and freshen up before we will go to a local restaurant in Soi Rangnam not far from your hotel where we will eat Thai style.
Date 3 : Bangkok
- No trip to Bangkok is complete without trying the local transportation. This day we will go by tuktuk and sky train to Bangrak where we have booked a special tour for you by the great guys over at Bangkok Food Tours. They will take you on a walking tour to taste different Thai food while exploring some lesser known attractions in that area.
- After that we board the sky train again to go to your first cooking lesson. This is a half day cooking class where you will be taught by professional staff at the Somphong Cooking School.
- After that our private van will take you back to the hotel where you will have the evening off to do as you please.
Date 4 : Amphawa
- It is time to head out of the city and head into the country side to get a taste of the real Thailand. We start a bit before noon so you will have the morning free to for example enjoy the pool at the Indra Regent or explore the famous clothing market at Pratunam which is literally just outside the hotel doors.
- First stop is at Baan Suan Pholamai Lung Sawat which is an autonomous community outside Bangkok where they grow a lot of different fruits, coconuts and flowers. We will eat lunch there and purchase some snacks for the second part of the trip.
- In the afternoon we will arrive at Amphawa to see the floating market and does a boat tour to see some of the local temples.
- We will have dinner at the floating market before heading to our hotel nearby for the evening.
- The evening is free to do as you please. If you are not tired we suggest you take "The firefly tour" where you will see the amazing lights of thousands of these creatures on the canal.
Date 5 : Cha Am
- If you are an early bird we invite you to join us in giving alms to the monks in the early morning. If not we will let you sleep in.
- After breakfast we will head over to the famous yet bizarre Maeklong Railway Market to browse around, buy some snacks and have our lunch while waiting for the train which passes right through the market.
- Then we will head down to Cha Am where we will be based for the next couple of days.
- In the afternoon you can take a dip in the sea or come with us to a local market where we will buy our food for the barbeque we will have in the evening outside our rented Thai house/hotel.
Date 6 : Hua Hin
- Time to learn some more cooking secrets. In the morning we head down to nearby Hua Hin where we will have a full day cooking school at Thai Cooking Course Hua Hin where you will learn to cook famous Thai dishes.
- After that those who want can relax a few hours at the beach there, while we have the driver standby in case somebody want to explore the city further.
- In the evening we will go to the night market in Hua Hin for dinner and browsing the local goods on offer.
Date 7 : Cha Am - Bangkok
- This day we head back to Bangkok.
- But first we stop at Maruekatayawan Palace just outside Cha Am to see the former Royal Palace of king Rama VI.
- On the way back to Bangkok we will have lunch and buy some Thai dinner desserts.
- After returning to Indra Regent you will have some time at your own leisure again before we finish off this amazing week with a Dinner Cruise on the Chao Phraya Princess.
Date 8 : Bangkok
- Depending on where and when you go from here you might have some free time in the day.
- Our drivers will standby to take you to the airport, another hotel or drop you off where ever you want in Bangkok.