Sights & Attractions
DailyOperating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Amphor Mueang, Lopburi
Category : Temple
Attraction Details :
Located on the bank of the Lop Buri River, 9 kilometers south of the town center along the Lop Buri-Bang Pahan route is Wat Yang Na Rangsi. The temple is famous for its Buddha images, which are made of sandstone and quartz. It is also notable for its wooden Sala (a wooden teaching hall or gazebo) which was built in 1927 in the typical central region style, modeled after a picture from the back of a one-baht note. The Sala has been converted into the Lop Buri Boat Museum, where a large collection of local vessels, in particular a one-seat barge, are displayed. The museum was granted the award for Best Architectural Preservation in 1993.
The temple and museum are located at Mu 2, Talung Sub-district, on the west side of the Lop Buri River. Take the Lop Buri–Bang Pahan Road (the road along Klong Chonlaprathan) to Km. 9. The temple is on the right. There are Lop Buri–Ban Phraek buses, leaving from Lop Buri Bus Terminal from 5.30 am–5.30 pm.
The temple is open daily from 8.00 am-5.00 pm.