Sights & Attractions
Ubon RatchathaniOperating day:
DailyOperating time: 08.30 - 16.30
95 Luang Road, Muang, Ubon Ratchathani 34000
Category : Temple
Attraction Details :
Wat Thung Si Muang was constructed during the reign of Rama III (1824-1851) to house a replica of the Buddha's footprint. Perhaps its most beautiful feature is the wooden tripitaka library (Ho Trai) that sits on stilts in a pond. It was designed in such a way to prevent insects (ants and termites) from reaching the palm scroll materials inside. The architecture is a mixture of Lao and Rattanakosin styles (Rattanakosin refers to the era after 1782, when Bangkok was the capital of Thailand).
Alongside the tripitaka library is the Ho Phra Buddha Bot. Adjacent to that is the Viharn (secondary chapel).