Sights & Attractions
Phra Nakhon Si AyutthayaOperating day:
DailyOperating time: 08.00 - 16.30
Ayutthaya Historical Park, Amphoe Phra Nakhon Si Ayyutthaya, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya
Category : Temple, Historical Sites & Monuments
Attraction Details :
Wat Senasnarama Rajvaravihara is locatedat U-Tong road, Tumbol Hua Ror, Ayutthaya. It was originally named ‘Wat Sue’, which was established during Ayutthaya period and restored during the King Rama IV reign. It’s a prior royal temple.
Highlights inside the temple are the ubosot in Ayutthaya’s style, with a beautiful carved wood gable covered with gold and a signet of the King Rama IV which is significantly indicate that the temple was restored by His Majesty. Inside the ubosot, there are paintings from King Rama V era, including the painting of the gathering of the angels, the painting of 12nd month royal ceremony, and a photo of His Majesty wearing Phra Maha Pichai crown and sitting at throne.
Inside the ubosot, appears the important Buddha image covered in gold, Phra Sumbhud Munee which is the attitude of subduing Mara. Decorated with an arch carved with Kamer alphabets.
Moreover, there is a reclining Buddha image next to the Chedi, made with stone lined up one by one and carved neatly. This reclining Buddha used to seat at Wat Maha Tat but King Rama V ordered to place the Buddha image here instead.
Next to a reclining Buddha image there is a transform Indra Vihear, where inside appears the Buddha image in the attitude of subduing Mara from Vieng Chan. It was believed that Indra transformed to build this Buddha image. There are 2 stone pulpits covered in gold, paintings from King Rama IV reign which show how people way of life related to temples, and 10 paintings of animals which are prohibited for monks to eat.
For more information please call 03-525-1518 or entering the website http://watsenasanaram.blogspot.com