Sights & Attractions
DailyOperating time: 08.00 - 16.30
Wat Na Phrathat -
located in Ban Phra Non Chakkrasi, Tambon Chakkrasi, around 1.5 km from Wat Phra Non Chakkrasi, Amphoe Mueang, Singburi
Category : Temple
Attraction Details :
This temple was at first named Wat Hua Mueang, but was renamed to its current title during the reign of King Rama IV. The surrounding areas are believed to have been the site of the old town of Sing Buri. The Phra Prang (or pagoda), towering nearly 16 meters, is the temple’s main attraction. The pagoda is ornamented with figures of demons holding batons and Garudas (a mythic hawk creature), perched over the relic chamber. The early Ayutthaya-style architecture was later added to the pagoda in the form of Choranam, or brick niches, built on its four sides.
To the east of the pagoda is Phra Wihan Luang (the principal image hall), and to the west lies the Ubosot (ordination hall) with many round pagodas. These features are typical of the late Ayutthaya period. The Fine Arts Department registered the temple as an ancient monument on 8 March 1935.
To get there, take Highway 3032 (Sing Buri–Suphan Buri). At Km 4, take a turn into the lane heading towards the Provincial Prison of Sing Buri for around 1 kilometer. Alternatively, take a bus on the same route to Wat Phra Non Chakkrasi.
The temple is open daily from 8.00 am-4.30 pm. For more information, call the Fine Arts Office 3 at 0 3524 2501.
How to get there :
Take a bus on the same route to Wat Phra Non Chakkrasi.
Take Highway 3032 (Sing Buri – Suphan Buri). At Km 4, take a turn into the lane of the Provincial Prison of Sing Buri for around 1 km.