Sights & Attractions
Prachin BuriOperating day:
DailyOperating time: 08.30 - 17.00
Wat Kaeo Phichit
Category : Temple
Attraction Details :
A Prachin Buri millionaire built this important age-old temple in 1879. In 1918, Chao Phraya Abhaibhubejhr (a high-ranking royal official) constructed a new chapel (Ubosot) which boasted architectural styles from Thailand, China, Europe and Cambodia. Highlights at the temple includemurals of the Asian epic, the Ramayana, on the exterior of the chapel. The interiors are decorated by paintings depictingBuddhist legends, created by the royal artists of King Rama VI.
Meanwhile, in front of the chapel is a concrete building with an ancient Greek and Roman-style dome. Also within the compound is an ancient scripture library, anda beautiful pavilion (Sala) at the pier, which provides plenty of shade.
The temple is located on Kaeo Phichit Road, in Tambon Na Mueang, approximately 2 kilometers east of the town.
The temple is open daily from 8.30 am-5.00 pm. For more information, call 0 3721 2795, 08 1481 1740, or 08 1650 0327.
How to get there :
Thanon Kaeo Phichit, Tambon Na Mueang, Prachin Buri, 2 kilometres east of the town.