Sights & Attractions
Ang ThongOperating day:
DailyOperating time: 08.00 - 17.00
1 Tambon Bang Kaeo, Amphoe Mueang, Ang Thong 14000
Category : Temple
Attraction Details :
This third-class royal monastery is located opposite Ang Thong City Hall. At first, there were two small temples located next to each other, called Wat Pho Ngoen and Wat Pho Thong, both constructed during the reign of King Rama IV. Later in 1900, King Rama V had the temples combined into one and graciously named it WatAng Thong. The temple is famed for its beautiful Ubosot (ordination hall) and bell-shaped Chedi (or stupa),which is decorated with gold mirrors. Teak compartments, lying neatly in stacks, originate from the early Rattanakosin period.
WatAng Thong Worawihan is located on the east bank of the river, at 1 Tambon Bang Kaeo, AmphoeMueang.
The temple is open daily from 8.00 am-5.00 pm.