Sights & Attractions
- Art, Culture & Heritage
- Educational places
- Nature & Wildlife
- Places of Worship
- Recreational & Entertainment
- » Sports Venues
- » Zoos and Aquariums
- » Amusement Park
- » Theater
- » Cinema
- » Parks & Gardens
- » Golf course
- » Outdoor activity and adventure sites
- » Animal camps and shows
- » Concert venue
- » Cultural Show, Cultural Performance
- Royal Project, Research and Development
- Spas & Wellness
- Suburban Living
- Wineries & Breweries
Phang NgaOperating day:
DailyOperating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Mu 2 Tambon Song Phraek, Amphoe Mueang, Phang-nga 82000
Tel. 0 2561 4835, 08 1968 5364
Category : Animal camps and shows, Other nature sites
Attraction Details :
Ton Pariwat Wildlife Sanctuary is located in Tambon Song Phraek and covers a total area of 40,000 acres of shady trees. It also contains Namtok Ton Pariwat or known among the locals as “Namtok Song Phraek” which is 100 meters from the Sanctuary’s headquarters. The low-rise waterfall has a pond down below where there is still some deposits of ores. In the rainy season, the water gushes down strongly. The Sanctuary provides a 2-kilometres nature trail with Bua Phut – Rafflesia kerrii, a plant species with the world’s largest flower of approximately 80 centimeters in diameter, along the route. It is rare and to be found only in a fertile forest. It blooms towards the end of the rainy season around October. Along the route, there are traces of old mines, bird-watching spots that indicate the fertility of the forest, Namtok Hin Phoeng which is a watershed, etc. A guide is needed for trekking along the trail, which takes about 1 hour. At present, a package tour is offered by travel agencies to include trekking on an elephant’s back through intact forests along both sides of the stream. Rafting is available for adventure lovers. It takes only 45 minutes and available throughout the year.
For further details, please contact: Phuket Sealand, tel. 0 7622 2900-1, 0 7623 2900-4, Suthin Car Rent, tel. 0 7632 3603-4, Anda Venture, tel. 0 7620 2259, Phang-nga Rafting, tel. 0 7624 4940, 0 7624 6284.
How to get there :
Ao Phang-nga National Park is situated 12 kilometres from Phang-nga town. Travel 8 kilometres from the town via Highway No. 4, then turn left into Highway No. 4114 and continue for 4 kilometres to the Ao Phang-nga National Park’s headquarters where visitors can obtain tourist information. The trip can also be made by riding a local bus from Phang-nga town. Several tour operators in Phang-nga and Phuket organise a day trip to Phang-nga Bay.
Chartered boats around Phang-nga Bay are available at the following piers:
- Customs Pier or Tha Dan, located at nearby Phang-nga Bay Resort. There are various sizes of chartered boats. Prices range from 1,000 to 3,500 baht per boat.
- Ao Phang-nga National Park’s pier, speedboats and long-tail boats available. For more information call 0 7641 1136, 0 7641 2188.
- Surakun or Kasom Pier, located in Amphoe Takua Thung. There are various sizes of chartered boats. Prices range from 1,400 to 4,500 baht per boat.
For more information call:
* Kiatjaroenchai 1 at tel. 0 7649 6475, 08 1677 5971
* Kiatjaroenchai 2 at tel. 0 7649 6342, 08 1676 2906
* Raan Pol at tel. 0 7649 6381, 08 6691 4802.
Or contact the following businesses:
- Sayan Tour at tel. 0 7643 0348
- A trip to Ao Phang-Nga National Park takes around three hours, with a half-day tour arrangeable. Admission fee is 200 baht. The Phang-Nga Bay Resort near the Tha Dan pier offers comfortable accommodation. There are bungalows and tents available at the National Park. For more information contact Ao Phang-Nga National Park at 80 Mu 1, Tambon Koh Panyee, Amphoe Mueang, Phang-Nga 82000 or tel.
0 7641 1136, 0 7641 2188.