Sights & Attractions
- Art, Culture & Heritage
- Educational places
- Nature & Wildlife
- » Islands
- » Dam,Reservoir, Lake
- » National Parks & Marine Reserves
- » River, Canal
- » Flower Field
- » Hot Spring
- » Caves
- » Waterfalls
- » Beaches & Bay
- » Diving site
- » Mountain (Doi)
- » Other nature sites
- » Green Travel
- Places of Worship
- Recreational & Entertainment
- Royal Project, Research and Development
- Spas & Wellness
- Suburban Living
- Wineries & Breweries
DailyOperating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Amphoe Mueang, Nan
Category : Caves , National Parks & Marine Reserves
Attraction Details :
Tham Pha Tup Forest Park is in Pha Sing sub-district, 12 kilometres from the province on Highway No. 1080, Nan – Pua – Thung Chang route, at Km. 9-10. Its main attractions are caves and cliffs on steep hill with beautiful natural forest surrounded. This park is accessible in every season.
Interesting Attractions within Tham Pha Tup Forest Park are as follows:
· Tham Bo Namthip is considered by local as the sacred cave as the main room has a well called “Bo Nam Thip” (divine well) which is full of water throughout the year. Apart from beautiful stalagmite and stalactite, this cave also has a chimney letting stream of light shines into the cave which create stunning vision inside. The cave is 1,200 meters away from the park office. During rainy season, the cave is inaccessible because of water flooding the cave.
· Tham Khon It has been name as a log cave because its long shape is similar to a log. The cave houses a splendour of stalagmites and stalactites and a good viewpoint to see Nan Swamp from the entrance of the cave.
· Tham Chedi Kaeo is a small cave whose front houses a rock similar to a a pagoda or chedi.
· The Viewpoint Spot is in a bamboo forest, next to Khao Bo Namthip on the south side. You can see surrounding scenery and Mueang Nan district from here. It is 1 kilometre from the Office of the Forest Park or takes 2 hours for a round trip on foot.
· Tham Phra is a large cave with beautiful stalactites covering an area of 200 square meter. There is a chimney letting in the breeze and the sunlight passing through. It is located 200 metres from the Office of the Forest Park.
· Nature Study Route As it has been preserved as a forest park, here is the home of various rare tropical plants such as Chan Pha (Dracaena spp.) and Ueang Phueng (Dendrobium lindleyi Steud.), which are usually in bloom during the end of the rainy season. There are several routes here depends on destinations such as route to Tham Bo Namthip or route to the viewpoint spot.
· Activities: On the full moon day of the fifth lunar month of the North (about February), the locals organise an annual ceremony of gilding the Buddha image of Khao Tham Phra, called “Tham Pha Tup Fair”. The ceremony starts by giving alms to the monks in the morning followed by music and performances.
Opening hours: 8am-4pm
Contact: 0 5471 0136, www.dnp.go.th
To get there: From Mueang Nan district, take Highway No. 1080 for 10 kilometres until reaching the crossroad to the entrance of the Pha Tup Forest Park for 200 metres. Otherwise, take a Nan – Pua Bus or Nan – Thung Chang Bus passing the Tham Pha Tup Forest Park.