Sights & Attractions
- Art, Culture & Heritage
- Educational places
- Nature & Wildlife
- » Islands
- » Dam,Reservoir, Lake
- » National Parks & Marine Reserves
- » River, Canal
- » Flower Field
- » Hot Spring
- » Caves
- » Waterfalls
- » Beaches & Bay
- » Diving site
- » Mountain (Doi)
- » Other nature sites
- » Green Travel
- Places of Worship
- Recreational & Entertainment
- Royal Project, Research and Development
- Spas & Wellness
- Suburban Living
- Wineries & Breweries
DailyOperating time: 08.30 - 17.00
Ramkhamhaeng National Park (Khao Luang)
Category : National Parks & Marine Reserves
Attraction Details :
At the level of 1,200 meter above the sea level, this abundant national park offers not only the amazing waterfalls, varied plants and wild animals for the nature lovers, but it also hides the fascinating historical aspect of the discovery of the ancient tools and relics, which make the place quite popular for the historians and theologians.
For accommodation, you can book the bungalows and tents at the National Park Section and the Royal Forest Department. Take note that all visitors must start their trek before 3:30am and are allowed to bring food and their personal belongings.
Opening hours:Daily 8:30am-5pm
Admission fee is 200 bath for adults and 100 bath for children.
Contact for accommodation:02-562-0760. www.dnp.go.th
· By bus: Get on a local minivan or Song Thaeo around the Khiri Mat junction in Khiri Mat District. The prices range from 350-400 Baht.
· By car: If you drive from Bangkok, take the Highway No. 32 through Nakhon Sawan and take a left onto Highway No. 1 to Kamphaeng Phet. Then change to Highway No. 101 to Amphur Khiri Mat. Drive about 20 kilometers and it’s located at Km 414 before reaching the municipality.
How to get there :
From Amphoe Khiri Mat, hire a local mini-bus or Song Thaeo at the Khiri Mat junction. The prices range between 350 – 400 baht.
To get there: (By car) From Bangkok, take Highway No. 32, via Nakhon Sawan, and turn left onto Highway No. 1 to Kamphaeng Phet. Switch to Highway No. 101 for Amphoe Khiri Mat. About 20 kilometres before arriving in Sukhothai, at Km. 414, a mountain range