Sights & Attractions
Mae Hong SonOperating day:
Monday - SundayOperating time: 08.00 - 17.00
Category : Spas & Wellness, Other nature sites
Attraction Details :
Enclosed by the luscious hills of Northern Thailand and abundant with natural resources is Mae Hong Son, an ecotourism destination that is rich with tradition and remains, to this day, as a source of many valuable natural resources, namely the hot spring and mineral water spring, both of which are emitted from an underground source that is rich with minerals, creating a mud and clay that is highly beneficial for human health and skin.
The discovery and history of Phu Klon
- In 1995, a healthy mud source was discovered at Pong Dued Mae Sa Nga or the present name Phu klon by a group of French and Thai geological researchers who went sightseeing in Mae Hong Son, Thailand.
- A stream of hot mineral water was found rising in the middle of rice field flowing into a small creek. Many people recovered from illness and pain when soaked in the warm water in the creek.
- In 1996, the mud from the hot spring was sampled and laboratory proved for minerals at Thermalium Luxeuil Laboratories in France. It took 4 years to find out the useful minerals and natural substances.
- In 1999, the results from the laboratory showed that the mineral contents of the mud are good for the skin and blood circulation. There are some minerals that are found in the Dead Sea mud and volcano lava mud. Being rare minerals, they can be found only at a few places on earth
- The survey renewed with satellite technology, heavy machinery and ground operation from Australia.
- In 2000, Phu klon was registered as Phu klon Country Club Limited Partnership with Baht 1,000,000 registered capital to develop the location to be one of the amazing tourist attractions of Mae Hong Son and Thailand.
OUR SPA SERVICE
- Facial Scrub / Facial Massage / Phu Klon Mud Mask
- Facial and Body Phu Klon Mud Mask
- Tamarind Scrub
- Phu Klon Mineral Swimming Pool with Jacuzzi
- Phu Klon Mineral Bath
- Thai Massage
- Golf Driving Range
How to get there :
Follow the 1095 Mae Hong Son – Pai route, approximately 10 kilometers from the city, turn left in the direction of Koong Mai Sak – Baan Huay Kan village; after 4 kilometers, travelers will find Phu Klon, situated on the right hand side.
on the Chiang Mai – Mae Sa-Rieng – Mae Hong Son route. Buses depart from the Chiang Mai bus terminal 5 times daily. Further information available at the Chiang Mai bus terminal.
- Prempracha Transport Company Limited, Mae Hong Son, +66 5361 1318
- Prempracha Transport Company Limited, Chiang Mai, +66 5324 4737
Thai Airways offers 3 daily flights from Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son. For further information and reservations, contact Thai Airways Public Company Limited.
- Bangkok: 6 LarnLuang Road, Tel. +66 2280 0070, +66 2280 0080
- Mae Hong Son: 71 Singhanat-Bamrung Road, Tel. +66 5361 2220
- Chiang Mai: 240 Pra Pok-Klao Road, Tel. +66 5321 1044-7