Sights & Attractions
- Art, Culture & Heritage
- Educational places
- Nature & Wildlife
- » Islands
- » Dam,Reservoir, Lake
- » National Parks & Marine Reserves
- » River, Canal
- » Flower Field
- » Hot Spring
- » Caves
- » Waterfalls
- » Beaches & Bay
- » Diving site
- » Mountain (Doi)
- » Other nature sites
- » Green Travel
- Places of Worship
- Recreational & Entertainment
- Royal Project, Research and Development
- Spas & Wellness
- Suburban Living
- Wineries & Breweries
DailyOperating time: 06.00 - 18.00
P.O. Box 11, Amphoe Klaeng, Rayong
Tel. +66 3802 0510, +66 3889 4378
Category : National Parks & Marine Reserves
Attraction Details :
Established in 1975, this national park covered the area of 52,300 rai with the lush forest with a great variety of flora and fauna which is the watershed of the Prasae River. The park has two natural trails for tourists to explore into the nature and wildlife which are two and three kilometers long, respectively. Trailing in both routes is subjected to the prior registration at the tourist centre where houses and tents are included in the admission. An option for pitching the private tent cost an additional B30 per person per night.
Attractions in the national park:
· Namtok Khao Chamao or Namtok Klong Nam Sai is the crystal clear waterfall located one kilometer before the park. The waterfall comprises of seven levels stretching for three kilometers where the main pond is called Wang Matcha is the home for the brook carp.
· Pha Sawan The viewpoint is 1.5 kilometers from the park headquarters. Tourists should contact national park staff before exploring further to the viewpoint.
· Namtok Khlong Pla Kang is 3 kilometers from headquarter which is best known for its lush of Ferns and Orchids all over in this area.
· Namtok Khlong Hin Phoeng is actually the small waterfall in Chanthaburi province, 10 kilometers from headquarter. Best for natural lovers as the water flows all the year and a lot of wild flowers blooming all around the waterfall.
· Khao Wong has many Limestone Mountains surround a flattest plain in the middle with a total of 80 caves inside. This area is also a home for the mountain goat.
· Kromluang Chumphon Shrine is located 10 kilometers away after turned right at kilometer 274 off Sukhumvit Road. The shrine is where the statue of Kromluang Chomphonkhetudomsak, the founder of Thailand's modern navy whose most honored by Thai people, is located.
Opening hours: daily from 6am-6pm.
Contact: P.O. Box 11, Amphoe Klaeng, Rayong. 038-020-510, 038-894-378.
Admission: B200 for adult and B100 for children.
Getting there: The national park locates 71 kilometers from Rayong town. Take the Sukhumvit Road and turn right at the Khao Din Intersection, kilometer 274 and drive for another 17 kilometers to reach the destination.
How to get there :
The national park locates 71 kilometers from Rayong town. Take the Sukhumvit Road and turn right at the Khao Din Intersection, kilometer 274 and drive for another 17 kilometers to reach the destination.