Trip Planner

Items Collected: 0

Plans Created: 0

Search Attractions

Destination : Category : Sub-Category : Keywords :
Chang-Eng Siamese Twins Memorial and Boat Museum
Chang-Eng Siamese Twins Memorial and Boat Museum

Samut Songkhram

Operating day:

Daily

Operating time: 08.00 - 16.00

Contact Details

    Chang-Eng Siamese Twins Memorial and Boat Museum

    Send Inquiry

Category : Museums, Landmarks and Memorials

Attraction Details :

In-Chan Siamese Twins, born on 11 May 1811, in the province of Samutsongkram, were joined at the sternum by a small piece of cartilage. Their livers were fused but independently complete. In 1828, Captain Coffin and British merchant Robert Hunter discovered them during their trade journey at Mae Glong (Samutsongkram). At that time, the twins are 18 years old.  With surprise and interest in the fact that they can grow up and live their life like ordinary people, unlike other conjoined twins who die no longer after birth, they were making acquiesce with the family of the twins for about a year and when the family trusted in them, the two foreigners asked permission from the family to take the twins to the US and UK to present the life of two brothers. They both agreed to be exhibited. They are internationally known as “Siamese Twins.” They were able to live the same way as normal people. This makes them to be the first conjoined twins of the world to live until the age of 63 and their descendants still live nowadays. For more information, please visit the twins’ history zone.

The memorial park is built in honor of the identical twins In-Chan, located in Tambon Ladyai, Amphoe Muang Samutsongkram, in the province of Samutsongkram. The large square inside is decorated with trees and flowers. The memorial statue is situated in the center of the square. A large pond and the hall which exhibits the twins’ history are at the front of the park. Furthermore, the hall is divided for Naval Museum which collects local barges and boats for research on life of Mae Glong’s people in the past who are closely connected to the river and canals. The museum is open for visit on weekdays from 08.00 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on weekends from 08.00 to 12.00 p.m. The fee is 15 baht. For more information, please call 0 3471 1333.

The spot is about 80 kilometers off Bangkok. You can enter into the city of Samutsongkram, into Ekkachai Road, 4 kilometers off the city hall, and the memorial park is on your right and can be easily seen from far.

 

Add to Travel Planner

How to get there :

By Other

around 4 km from City Hall.

Submit inquiries and request for more information for this Tour Operator:
Name :
E-Mail :
Country :
Message :
 
  Send me a copy of this message
 

The closest destination to this result :

See & Do in Samut Songkhram :