08.30 - 16.30Contact Details
95 Luang Road, Amphoe Muang, Ubon Ratchathani
Wat Thung Si Mueang was constructed during the reign of King Rama III (1824-1851) to houses a replica of Buddha’s footprint. Aside from that, the most beautiful structure in the temple is perhaps the wooden Tripitaka Library (Ho Trai) that was designed to sit on the stilts in the middle of the pool to prevent the materials from insects (ants and termites). The architecture here is a mixture of Laos and rattankosin styles (Rattanakosin refers to the era after 1782, when Bangkok was the capital of Thailand). Next to the Tripitaka Library is the Ho Phra Buddha Bot and the Wihan (ordination hall).
Opening hours: Daily 8.30-16.30