06.00 - 17.00Contact Details
Tambon Pho Prathap Chang, Amphoe Pho Prathap Chang, Phichit
Located in Pho Pra Thap Chang district, this ancient temple was built by an Ayutthaya king named Phra Chao Sua or King Sanphet VIII in 1701. It is believed the temple rests on his birthplace. Although abandoned for almost 300 years, the remnants hint at past splendors, with ruins such as a huge hall, walls still standing but roofless, and small Chedis (or stupas) scattered over the site. Two walls and huge trees, some of which are over 200 years old, surround the entire site.
In front of the temple is an over 200-year-old Takhian (Malabar ironwood) tree measuring 7.6 meters in diameter. The Fine Arts Department registered the hall as a national ancient monument in 1935, and the hall has undergone restoration. The people of Pho Prathap Chang also established the Monument of King Suea beside the Pho Prathap Chang District Office.
The temple is located in Tambon Pho Prathap Chang, 24 kilometers south on Klong Khachen-Lamnam Nan Kao Road. To get there, follow Highway No.1068 (Phichit-Wang Chik route) and turn left around Km 12 or 13 to take Highway No. 1300. Go straight ahead and then turn left. The temple is on the right-hand side.
Wat Pho Prathap Chang is open daily from 6.00 am-5.00 pm.