Tuesday - Sunday
09.00 - 16.00Contact Details
Tambon Map Kha, Amphoe Nikhom Phattana, Rayong
+66 3891 5213-5
PTT Public Company Limited (PTT) has established the first herb garden of Thailand since 1984 on the 60-rai area with the objective to preserve and develop the natural resources for the next generation.
Various kinds of herbs are gathered and planted in the garden which was later presented to HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn on 18 April 1985. The landscape was developed, more herbs were planted and in honor Princess 50th Birthday Anniversary in 2006, the HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Building was built on the auspicious occasion.
HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Herbs Garden comprises of 2 parts:
· The Herb Garden—The garden of more than 260 medicinal herbs of about 20,000 herb trees which can be divided into 20 groups according to their medical prosperities. The garden serves as the source of Thai Herbal knowledge and the place for recreation.
· The 50th Birthday Anniversary in honor to HRH Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn Building—It is the exhibition hall where visitors can enjoy interesting knowledge about Thai herbs shown through various multimedia, exciting and encouraging the desire to learn more. The exhibition hall consists of:
- The Adventure of the Whirling Rubber Seed Room
- Thai Energy Save the World Room
- 4 essential elements of a person body room
- The Conservationist Princess Room
- House of the Village Doctor
- World of Herb Room
The Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhon Herbal Garden is located within the grounds of the Petroleum Authority of Thailand, about 25 kilometers from town on Highways No. 36 and No. 3191 in Nikhom Phatthana sub-district. It is not only a center where various herbal plants are put on display the place is also engages in herbal research.
Opening hours: Tue-Sun from 9am-4pm.