08.00 - 17.00Contact Details
Tambon Khamyat, Amphoe Pho Thong, Ang Thong
Only four walls of the ancient PhraTamnakKhamyat, once a royal residence, remain. The 200 square-meter structure, constructed of brick and plaster, stands alone in a paddy field. However, much of its beauty is still visible, including ornate motifs around the windows, front and back balconies, as well as old wooden flooring. King Rama V visited the site in 1908 and at first hypothesized that it had been built as a temporary residence for Prince Uthumphorn as he entered the monkhood at Wat Pho Thong. It is now believed to have been a permanent residence constructed during the reign of King Borommakot, a frequent visitor to the area, hundreds of years ago. The Department of Fine Arts has since renovated and registered PhraTamnakKhamyat as a historic site.
The site is located in TambonKhamyat, 2.5 kilometers west of Wat Pho Thong on Ayutthaya - Pho Thong Road. It is open daily from 8.00 am-5.00 pm.