08.30 - 16.00Contact Details
Phetchaburi’s most well-known landmark, the locally known as Khao Wang (Palace Hill), is located on the three peaks of 95-meter high verdant hill, in the city. It was built under the royal command of King Rama IV to become his summer palace that finished in 1860. The whole compound is comprised of royal halls, palaces, temples and other buildings which were elegantly constructed in a well-balanced of Thai, neoclassical Western and Chinese architectural styles.
The east side is situated by important temples for the royal family. The highest peak is home of WatPhraKaew that was meant to be as important as WatPhraKaew at The Grand Palace in Bangkok. The central peak is where Phra That JomPetch situates. The 40-meters-tall white pagoda is installed the Buddha's relics. It is believed if visitors worship the pagoda with the purest mind, they will be known widely like the 360 degree views on the top. The old palaces on the west have been transformed into museums displayed royal amenities which were used by the King Rama IV and the King Rama V.